The defense market has become exceedingly competitive and has created a demand for ultra-quick turns in the electronics manufacturing services industry. One of our clients has come to repeatedly depend on ACDi to deliver fast turn arounds for their critical circuit card assembly requirements.
For our client, new product introduction (NPI) success requires that:
- They receive fully assembled and tested prototypes to their door in less than 2 weeks
- The order process be highly flexible to eliminate down time waiting for a quote
- Turn arounds are inclusive of all materials procurement, including raw printed circuit boards (PCBs)
- Attention to detail and a high level of responsiveness to react to ECOs and still meet delivery dates
- Projects are completed within budget
- On-time delivery can not be achieved at the expense of quality
Tool and Methods
- BoM and Inventory Analysis
- Daily MRP updates to allow for immediate procurement
- Inventory management including long lead, obsolescence and EoL
- In-house design and manufacturing engineering expertise
ACDi Key Services
- Ultra-quick full turnkey circuit card assembly with delivery in 6-10 days ARO
- 100% flying probe tested product
- Flexibility to accept “not-to-exceed” POs to start order immediately
- Same-day implementation of ECOs, at no charge
- In-house support with “pre-production” documentation
- Dedicated procurement team to execute all material purchases, including custom parts
Executing ultra-quick turns with complicated electronics products requires more than just good processes — it requires a unique culture of people who are committed to meeting customer delivery schedules and delivering quality product.
ACDi’s Frederick, MD facility acts as our design and NPI center of excellence. Here we have developed a unique set of processes that allow for quick reaction for our clients’ prototype builds, without sacrificing quality.
Dedicated Program Management — Our PMs set the foundation for ensuring quality product that meets all specifications and delivery requirements while staying within budget. Communication is the key.
Devoted Document Control — Board assembly and fabrication drawings, Gerber data and BoM documentation are reviewed through every phase of our processes — from quoting through final production.
Manufacturing Engineering Expertise — ACDi has a seasoned and enthusiastic team of manufacturing engineers in all areas of the build process including surface mount, mechanical systems and test.
Strong Test Philosophy — Early participation in the design phases decreases cost and increases efficiency during production. Our design and test teams work in tandem to design for testability and manufacturability.
In-house Design Team — PCB layout, DFM/DFA/DFT, schematic capture…our team can assist you with bringing your ideas to production with the latest tools, programs and technologies in the industry.
Continuous Improvement — We strive to be the best and understand that we can always do better. That drives our continual improvement efforts.
Download the case study below.